A beautiful home can turn into a dangerous brew of allergens instantly because of moulds and mildew. Fungi infestations may be harmless at first but can cause different illnesses if left unchecked. While it is true that some moulds can be harmless to the body, they can still have an effect on the home’s aesthetic and structural features.
Using dehumidifiers are just one of the few ways to prevent the build-up of moulds and mildew. You need to ensure that the humidity level in your home remains at a safe level. Fungi typically grow at above 60% humidity and it is important that you prevent their accumulation. Your family should be protected from these harmful elements.
Here are some details you need to know to help prevent fungi growth in the home.
Studies have shown that a large percentage of home owners often take mould accumulation tendencies for granted. This is because their build-up may be hard to detect. Many have lived in their houses for years without the slightest idea of a fungi invasion. Always look out for the most common signs such as musty odours and visual stains. Be aware, however, that moulds can be present without being visible so preventive measures are necessary.
Moulds are microscopic fungi that normally grow on musty surfaces. They are found in the kitchen, bathroom, and other areas with run-down sewage systems or poor lighting. Spoiled food is also a breeding ground for these fungi such as the green ones we normally see on bread. These visible ones are just one type mould. Others are so small that they just float around our airspace awaiting inhalation.
Allergies that trigger sneezing, colds, and occasional sinusitis are the most common issues that can come from moulds. Continued exposure to fungi, though, can cause more than just simple allergies. For instance, asthma patients may have frequent attacks due to prolonged contact.
There are various ways of controlling mould and mildew growth in the house. Look for a reliable dehumidifier company that can help you keep your home safe. If you think your house is infested with moulds and mildew, visit us at ausclimate.com.au and let us help you.