Get rid of mould and dust mites from your mattress with your Ausclimate Dehumidifier!
We spend around a third of our lives in bed, and if you examine that bed closely, you may be unpleasantly surprised at who your sleeping with! Dust mites and other various microscopic nasties are likely breeding in your mattress all year round and can cause skin allergies, general allergies irritations and various breathing issues.
But luckily, there is an easy solution; Your DEHUMIDIFIER!
My partner, Joanne (pictured) always tells people how amazed she was the first time she saw about how much moisture the Dehumidifier was able to extract from the families mattresses at home.
Follow these simple instructions to dry out your mattress, carpet and inside of your wardrobe, reducing the moisture levels, therefore eliminating their optimal breeding conditions for these “nasties”. Through regular use, you’ll sleep better knowing that dust mites won't be there to affect you or your loved ones anymore.
- Place the Ausclimate Dehumidifier in a central location within the room
- Remove the bed linen to fully expose the mattress
- Drape the pillows over a clothes airer (optional)
- Pull the mattress away from the wall, about 20cms
- Prop up the mattress on its side (optional)
- Close the windows
- Turn on the ceiling fan or other fan/s for additional air circulation (optional)
- Set your Ausclimate Dehumidifier’s humidistat control to 30% for electronic models or ‘continuous’ for the smaller 12L/Day models
- Close the door behind you and let your Dehumidifier do its magic!
(Repeat this process every couple of months or during times of high rainfall/humidity)
And as always, if you have any questions, specific moisture issues or water-damage restoration questions, please feel free to contact Allan or myself for expert advice. We're always here to help! Ausclimate Contact Page
You can also review our Operating Tips on the FAQ page of our website: Ausclimate FAQ Page