Dehumidifiers for Apartment-Living
These days, many of us live in smaller homes, apartments, town-houses and generally compact living situations. While living in these close quarters we rarely think about how everyday moisture can be adversely affecting us. Does your home smell musty when you get home after being closed up through the day? Do mould, condensation, pests or forever-drying washing sound familiar? Well, you may have a moisture-problem, but thankfully we have a solution!
Moisture comes from many places in the home, from showers to washing the dishes to laundry-drying to our very own bodies. It's everywhere! And without a proper place for it to escape (i.e. good natural ventilation or exhaust fans) it can lead to dangerous consequences like mould growth.
In fact, many homes these days (especially some of the older ones that are prevalent in Australia) have limited natural ventilation and common wall fixtures/insulations that can actually keep the moisture in rather than letting it out. Many of us also lack clothes drying machines (causing us to dry our clothes indoors) and lack effective exhaust fans, resulting in excess moisture that has nowhere to go!
Dee Carter, Professor of Microbiology at the University of Sydney, notes that mould thrives in damp, poorly ventilated environments. "I think any amount of visible mould is not a good thing. ...Depending on the environment you live in, you could find it growing on your carpet, on your curtains, or in the ceiling tiles. Any substrate really can be a home to mould if there's enough moisture."
It's well-documented by industry experts that being around mould, mould-spores and dust-mites on an ongoing basis can be very bad for your health. From sleep problems and general restlessness/fatigue to allergy and asthma flare-ups and assorted respiratory issues to even more severe ongoing mould-related health issues; mould is definitely not something we want to be around!
Professor Carter explains that certain species of mould, such as Penicillium, Aspergillus and Cladosporium, can be a particular problem indoors. "These ones can produce a lot of spores and the spores can produce allergies and inflammation. ...They can be inhaled and can cause lung diseases if they get a bit too invasive."
Thankfully, a high-quality dehumidifier can be a great solution to reducing moisture levels in these tricky environments. An Ausclimate dehumidifier will actively reduce these moisture levels and keep them down through ongoing maintenance use. They can remove anywhere from 7 litres all the way up to 50 litres of moisture from your home per day!
Ausclimate's dehumidifiers will reduce/eliminate:
• excess indoor moisture levels & condensation
• mould & mildew (existing mould will need to be safely removed - a dehumidifier will prevent it from coming back!)
• musty smells
• forever-drying washing (simply put your washing on a clothes-horse next to your dehumidifier & it will dry that washing for you!)
• pests (cockroaches, ants & other insects thrive in high humidity levels)
• health risks (mould spores & dust mites are common triggers for asthma, allergies & other serious respiratory issues)
A wide range of leading health experts approve & recommend our products. This array of health field professionals includes Allergy Specialists, Doctors, Pharmacists, Naturopaths, Building Biologists and the Australian National Asthma Council’s Sensitive Choice programme. Most importantly though, they are recommended by you. Our dehumidifiers are currently rated #1 on Australia’s leading independent consumer product review website: ProductReview.com.au
Please visit the rest of our website to find out more and if you have any questions, just give us a call. We’ll happily discuss your individual needs and circumstances, helping you to find the right solution for cleaner and healthier air in your home.
Always here to help!
Get in touch:
ph: 1800 122 100
Quotes courtesy of "Living with mould: The 'tightrope walk' between landlords and tenants" by Sophie Kesteven, ABC News, posted 15 Aug 2018